South Elementary School
500 East Mahalasville Road
Martinsville, IN 46151
Phone: 765-349-1486 Fax: 765-349-5247
MSD of Martinsville's Mission Statement:
"Together we challenge and inspire our children through rich experiences, empowering them to achieve success while making positive contributions to our world."
Go to this link for next year's 'Supply List.'
South School Data and Other Information
- South Elementary School opened in the fall of 1990.
- We are located just east of highway 37 on Mahalasville Road. We are one mile south of highway 252.
- South’s enrollment - approximately 390 students
- South houses - grades K-5
- Students in grades K-5 will be given NWEA three times a year to see how students are progressing in math, language, and reading.
- Inclusion - We also have children with special needs which are included in the regular classrooms.
- Acuity tests are given to our students in the MSD of Martinsville School System to see how our students are progressing in math and reading.
The mission of South Elementary School is to develop each student’s intellectual, social, and physical potential, fostering personal strengths and talents. We provide a basic foundation to help students solve the problems they face in daily challenges.
Extra Opportunities for Students
Chess Club is open to 2nd-4th graders starting September 6th from 5:30-6:30 in the South Library. Chess Club meets every Wednesday night from 5:30-6:30. Mrs. Pilat is the sponsor.
Craft Club is open to all students. The club will meet Mondays after school until 4:15. This club starts on Sept. 11. Mrs. Ferguson is the sponsor.
Gardening Club will start Aug. 22 for any student interested. The club will be after school until 4:45 on Tuesdays until October 6.
The PTO fundraiser will kick off on August 22. The Race for Education Walk-A-Thon will be on October 12. All proceeds go back to items for students and the classroom.
Opportunities for Parents
All Parents are welcome to attend the monthly PTO meetings in the South Library. The meeting is the second Monday of each month and meets at 7PM.
Parent/Teacher conferences will be October 5. This will be an E-Learning Day for students.