Benefits and Discounts
Working for the school district provides several opportunities to save money
- AT&T and Verizon Discount - For this discount, simply go to a store with school identification.
- Dell Computer Discount
- Current list of State Employee discounts
Part of our new Microsoft licensing includes the ability for teachers and staff to download the latest version of Microsoft Office for free. To do this, go to portal.office.com and log in using your @msdmail.net email address. This email is tied to your Office 365 account. You can not log in using your @msdmartinsville.org account.
When you type in the email addres, it will redirect you to another page where you will log in under our organization. Your login password will be the same as what you use for Windows.
Near the left hand side you will see a link that says "Install my Software" under "Office Software". Click this link, and then you will have a page giving you the opportunity to download the latest Office 365 ProPlus.
Please note this program is for personal comptuers. If you have a school owned device, you will need to have your building tech install Office if you need it.
Microsoft Home Use Program
With the purchase of our new Microsoft License Agreement this summer, we were able to include the Microsoft “Home Use Program” (HUP). This gives our staff the ability to order a full version of Microsoft Office 2013 Professional to use at home for $9.95. You may continue using HUP software while you are under our employment and as long as the corresponding software you use at work has active Software Assurance coverage through the school corporation.
Staff members must use their school corporation provided email address. Please note that this is your Windows username @msdmail.net, and uses your Windows password. This is NOT the new @msdmartinsville.org Gmail address.
Software CAN NOT be installed on a school computer! This directly conflicts with our school corporation license agreement.
Please note that some product and language versions may not be available at the time you place an order. For up-to-date information on the availability of Home Use Program software, please visit http://microsoft.com/licensing.
To access the Microsoft Home Use Program Web site:
1. Go to http://hup.microsoft.com/
2. Select the country to which you want your order to be shipped to and choose the language for viewing the order Web site.
3. Enter your corporate e-mail address and insert the program code. The program code is a series of letters and numbers. If you do not have this code, contact your building tech.
Note: This program code is assigned to our organization for our sole use in accessing this site. You may not share this number with anyone outside our organization.
4. You will receive a confirmation E-mail from email@example.com which has the link to complete the purchase process.
5. Place your order online, and it will be shipped to the location you have chosen.
Please note that a fulfillment fee will be charged to cover packaging, shipping, and handling costs.