Title I is a federal program created to reduce the cost of preschool for students. If selected, applicants would receive preschool education either free or for a lower rate.
Title I preschool is a full-day program for students and located within five elementary schools at the MSD of Martinsville: Brooklyn STEM Academy, Charles L. Smith Fine Arts Academy, Paragon Elementary (project-based learning), Poston Road Elementary (Spanish immersion) and South Elementary School of Communications.
To apply for enrollment in the Title I preschool program, please see the following federal guidelines below:
- Child is 4 years on or by August 1, 2019.
- Child resides within the boundaries of one of the Title I schools listed above.
- If selected, student will be assigned to the school closest to their home address.
- Parents provide transportation to and from school.
Selection Guidelines/ Deadline
- Selection is based on academic need. (Assessment is given during the selection process that includes criteria such as teacher observations, family income, parent interviews and developmentally appropriate measures of student development.)
- Unfortunately, submitting an application does not guarantee enrollment.
- Application deadline is June 1, 2019.
- Once the state of Indiana Title I program approves the funding amount for our district, we will be able to determine how many students will be selected for preschool. At that time, we will contact all applicants with further information.
To apply, please click below: