Please click below to review our Virtual Real Time Instruction Plan for inclement weather (short-term, at-home eLearning instruction for students).
“A student shall not be required to participate in a personal analysis, an evaluation, or a survey that is not directly related to academic instruction and that reveals or attempts to affect the student’s attitudes, habits, traits, opinions, beliefs, or feelings concerning:
(1) political affiliations;
(2) religious beliefs or practices
(3) mental or psychological conditions that may embarrass the student or the student’s family;
(4) sexual behavior or attitudes;
(5) illegal, antisocial, self-incriminating, or demeaning behavior;
(6) critical appraisals of other individuals with whom the student has a close family relationship;
(7) legally recognized privileged or confidential relationships, including a relationship with a lawyer, minister, or physician; or
(8) income (except as required by law to determine eligibility for participation in a program or for receiving financial assistance under a program); without the prior consent of the student if the student is an adult or an emancipated minor or the prior written consent of the student’s parent if the student is an unemancipated minor.
Reference: Indiana Code 20-30-5-17(b)