COVID 19 Protocols
Artesian Athletics Returns: Protocols Beginning July 6
Martinsville HS Athletics would like to welcome Artesian Athletes back to campus on July 6. Martinsville High School Athletics is taking all the necessary precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19. We are depending on YOU to stay home if you are not feeling well. The following is a combination of guidelines from the Indiana Department of Education, IHSAA and the MSD of Martinsville. The success of our return will be dependent on the following guidelines.
All student-athletes wishing to participate in Artesian Athletics for the 2020-21 school year must have the following on file before conditioning/workouts are allowed:
- Athletic Physical for 20-21: All athletes who had a completed physical on file at Martinsville HS or Wooden MS from 2019-20, are NOT required to completed a new one. However, athletes who checked a box “yes” on the 20-21 Health History Questionnaire, or did not participate athletically in 2019-20 or are new to the district must provide proof of new physical.
- Final Forms: All athletes and parents must complete or update all electronic documents in Final Forms. Final forms may be accessed at https://martinsville-in.finalforms.com/
- 2020-21 Health History Questionnaire and Consent/Release Form: All athletes and parents must complete the Questionnaire and Consent form that can be printed out through Final Forms. The form must be physically (hardcopy) turned in on the first day of conditioning/workouts.
Health and Safety Commitment
If you are feeling sick, have any of the possible COVID-19 Symptoms listed below or have been in close contact with someone who has a confirmed case of COVD-19, YOU MUST STAY HOME. If it is thought that student athletes may be experiencing any of the symptoms listed below, we reserve the right to send them home and advise the student to take any other necessary precautions.
1) Pre-Screen: Students, coaches and staff should self-screen for COVID-19 symptoms before coming onto campus or participating in any sport or conditioning session. Students, coaches and staff should look for the following possible signs and symptoms of COVID-19:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Repeated shaking with chills
- Muscle pain
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or a measured temperature greater than or equal to 100.4 Degrees Fahrenheit
- Known close contact with a person who is lab confirmed to have COVID-19
If you have or have had any of these symptoms you should stay home, consult your health care professional and let Coach know.
2) Arrival: Student-Athletes will be asked upon arrival and before being allowed to participate in conditioning or practice about their current health in regards to possible COVID-19 symptoms. Student athletes should report directly to the field of play or through doors 25, 30 or 1A.
Health questioning and attendance will be conducted by the Coaching and/or Athletic Staff and documented through Final Forms. Student athletes with symptoms will be directed to the Franciscan Athletic Training Staff for further evaluation and sent home. Student athletes that are sent home will be required to have doctor clearance to return.
3) Pre-Existing Conditions:Anyone with an underlying medical condition should consult their health care professional before attending any school function.
- Underlying medical conditions that may increase the risk of severe illness from COVID-19 for individuals of any age.
- People 65 years and older
- People who live in a nursing home or long-term care facility
- People of all ages with underlying medical conditions, particularly if not well controlled, including:
- People with chronic lung disease or moderate to severe asthma
- People who have serious heart conditions
- People who are immunocompromised (Many conditions can cause a person to be immunocompromised, including cancer treatment, smoking, bone marrow or organ transplantation, immune deficiencies, poorly controlled HIV or AIDS, and prolonged use of corticosteroids and other immune weakening medications)
- People with severe obesity (body mass index [BMI] of 40 or higher)
- People with chronic kidney disease undergoing dialysis
- People with liver disease
- People with diabetes
- All activities are voluntary until August 3 or start of Girls Golf season (July 31)
- Masks should be worn upon arrival/departure but are not required during vigorous activity
- No locker rooms will be available
- All student athletes should arrive dressed and report directly to respective sport area
- All student athletes should immediately return home upon completion of their activities
- No sharing of clothes, shoes, towels or water bottles
- All student athletes are expected to shower at home and wash workout clothing immediately upon returning home
- No shared hydration stations (water fountains/troughs) will be used or available, except to fill identifiable water bottles
- Athletes should bring their own water bottle and should be labeled/identifiable
- Only essential athletes, coaches, training staff and related directors should be in attendance
- Athletes should wash their hands upon arrival in designated restrooms or use hand sanitizer
- Social distancing guidelines will be used
- Team Schedule (first day of activity):
Monday, July 6
Cross Country, 7:00 am
Girls Soccer, 7:30 am
Boys Soccer, 8:30 am
Boys Tennis, 8:30 am
Football, 8:30 am
Volleyball, 10:00 am
Girls Golf, 1:00 pm at Foxcliff
Tuesday, July 7
Swimming, 7:30 am
Girls Tennis, 7:30 am
Girls Basketball, 8:30 am
Softball, 8:30 am
Baseball, 9:30 am
Boys Golf, 11:30 am
Track, 11:30 am
Gymnastics, 11:30 am
Wrestling, 5:00 pm
Boys Basketball, 6:30 pm
Student athletes or parents with specific sport questions should contact their respective coach directly.
We are counting on YOU and all participants to work diligently and intentionally to avoid the spread of COVID 19. We look forward to having our student-athletes back on campus.
Martinsville High School